Sunday, 14 April 2013

Alcohol inks and Ryn's Kelp stamp

Hello Bloggers!

I'm worn out today after my lovely trip to Alexandra Palace and the Big Stamp Show, but I did manage to have a little play with some alcohol inks today as I managed to buy some glossy card from the Clarity Stamps stall.  This is my first attempt at making a background with alcohol inks, I used 2 shades of blue and silver.  It made a sort of marbled effect with a sheen from the silver, I was quite pleased with the effect!


I stamped the kelp from Ryn and the sentiment from Clarity Stamps using Versafine ink, it did take a long time to dry though!  Here's a close-up so you can see that silvery marbled effect....


I think I will definitely try these inks again, it was easy-peasy!

Thanks for visiting, :)  xx



10 comments:

Pauline Butcher said...

Gorgeous Wendy, I love the stamps too. I don't do enough playing with my alcohol inks, but you've inspired me to get them out again........when I can find time, lol. Hugs, P xxx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful Wendy. I don't have alcohol inks (yet), have managed to resist them so far as I have so many other things to play with. But I love the effect they give. I also love Kelp it's a great design. Happy Sunday, Shirleyx

Clare said...

I love this! The pretty liquid pearls finish it off lovely. I have alcohol inks but have not used them in ages! I agree about the drying time, it's a pain! Beautiful card x x x

Wendy McCarthy said...

Thank you Pauline, Shirley and Clare for visiting and commenting - I do appreciate your visits! xx

Di said...

This is lovely Wendy. I really like the effect you have produced. Haven't used my alcohol inks for years - maybe I should get them out again!! xx

Ryn Tanaka said...

Love it Wendy! Definitely a promising start to using a new medium! I'll have to try out alcohol inks one day :) Also read what you wrote on Shirley's blog post. Thanks for your kind words and support. HUGS!

Penny Booth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penny Booth said...

What a lovely combination of colours and sparkle. I love it. You make it sound so easy too !!!! xx

Ann Redgwell said...

HI Wendy,YOu are sooooooooooo talented.Well done u xxx

Zoe said...

Wow! Would never have guessed that was your first attempt at this technique, it looks brilliant xxx