Thursday 31 March 2016

Bister and Brusho collection

Hello,

Bister and Brusho are so popular at the moment, rightly so, they make fabulous backgrounds with minimum effort! I thought I would gather up some photos of my favourite makes with these products and put them together for you to see (many thanks to my dear friend Didi!).

Bister is my personal favourite, I love the natural tones of this dye and the little brown flecks give lots of texture. The little particles take slightly longer to react with water than Brusho, so you have time to play and get the look as you want it. Brusho colours are more vibrant and as they react very quickly with water, I sometimes feel that it 'gets away' from me and the colours merge too much. I use these products slightly differently, the Bister I sprinkle on my craft mat, spray with water then lay the card on top. I usually sprinkle the Brusho onto the card then spritz with water. Either way, they are fun and fabulous!

Here's a list of the stamps used:

Top left - Dylusions Background Love, Tim Holtz Runway

Top middle - Tim Holtz Flower Garden

Top right - Background stamps from Carabelle Studio, Shell from Designs by Ryn

Middle right - Tap from Carabelle Studio, Droplets from Designs by Ryn

Bottom right - Carabelle Studio background, Stampinback Poppies

Bottom middle - Viva Las Vegas!

Bottom left - Carabelle Studio Histoire du temps, Stampinback Poppies

Middle left - Various 'sea themed' stamps from Designs by Ryn and a Tim Holtz sentiment.

Thanks for visiting! Xxxx

 

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Stunning Collection Wendy
Love
Amanda x

Tracey T said...

Great explanation Wendy, I often wondered what the difference is. Your cards are all stunning but those yellow poppies just jump out at me xx

Tracey T said...

Great explanation Wendy, I often wondered what the difference is. Your cards are all stunning but those yellow poppies just jump out at me xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous collection Wendy and thanks for the explanation of the difference between the two products. I have Brushos and enjoy using them. Take care, Shirleyxx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW what a marvellous collection of art works!
xox Anja

Pia S said...

These look quite stunning, all of them! You've found your style!