Tuesday 14 May 2013

Funky butterflies....

Hello bloggers!

I've got my fingers crossed that this blog post appears at 6.30am Tuesday morning.... I'm trying to learn how to schedule a post and have failed miserably so far lol!!

I made this tag using distress inks and the aid of my splodge mat.  I used a Kaiser craft stamp for the distressed bits on the tag, and another lovely 'wordy' stamp from The Artistic Stamper.  The butterfly is called Luna and is from Designs by Ryn.  I dripped alcohol inks onto acetate, took some ink off with the alcohol solvent and then stamped the butterfly on the other side of the acetate.  I then mounted the butterfly onto a piece of white card stamped with the same image.  I'm enjoying doing this sort of 'messy' craft now, it's only taken me about 17 years to get here.... ! :D


Thank you for popping by, and thank you lovely ladies who left me such great comments on my last post, I do appreciate them! :) xxxx



15 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just so beautiful with such wonderful vibrant colouring.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Unknown said...

Haha my scheduled blogs sometimes fail too! No idea why?!?
Most beautiful tag Wendy, love your choice of vibrant colours, love your work :D

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous Wendy! Love the colours and the inking/stenciling on the background. Scheduling posts is a bit scary at first, but it's actually pretty easy and it works ! Take care, Shirleyxx

Di said...

Really beautiful Wendy. You certainly try a lot of different techniques to achieve your amazing results. Di xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Beautiful tag Wendy, love the vibrant colours. Purple is my favourite colour, so this really appeals to me ;) The background is fab, Judith xx

Pauline Butcher said...

Gorgeous tag Wendy, I love the layout and the colours are so yummy, you just get better and better. Hugs P xxx

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Wendy, looks like your scheduled blog post worked! hehe, you're ahead of me. Next step is for me to learn how to do that! Great effect with Luna and neat idea with the acetate. I am absolutely loving your "messy" art :)

Karen said...

Beautiful work Wendy - love the colours. Kx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous use of colours Wendy! Your tag with the lovely butterflies looks great.

(about my blogposts...I can't make video's and I often just go with the flow, whilst creating..so it's hard to make pictures too...that's why I write the process under the pictures...you can use Google Translate on my blog)
Thanks for your nice comments too!

Kind regards, Alie :-)

Eileen said...

Love this tag ... amazing butterflies .. Superb work here Wendy x

Karin said...

beautiful tag, love it!
Groetjes Karin x

Miranda said...

Hi Wendy, lovely tag and great colours! You succeeded with your scheduling post! It's far more easy when you can do that mm? warm greet Mirandax

indie said...

Beautiful Colours blended well and love the butterflies, i can't seem to get the hang of inking etc so well done for a brill tag.

indie:) x

Wendy said...

Wow, thank you very much girls for your lovely comments! :) Big hugs xxxx

Clare said...

Loving your funky butterflies! Inspirational x x x x