Sunday 13 December 2015

Burning Designs by Ryn!!

Hello bloggers!

In amongst working, clearing up after my mad pup who still isn't house-trained and trying to get ready for Christmas, I have been burning a little wood!

The coaster features Ryn's lovely Flowing Branches stencil, which Ryn is very kindly giving away as a FREE GIFT with every order placed in December!! You can find the stencil on her website HERE. The owl was a freebie stamp with a Craft Stamper magazine a few months ago.

The next project is a tiny trinket box which I bought from The Range for the huge sum of £1.50!! Not really meant for Pyrography as the wood is very soft and results in uneven burning, however I had fun with it! I've used Ryn's Circle Cluster stamp set on the box, I stamped the circles with a pale pigment ink and was pleased to have found an ink that didn't bleed across the wood. I then just burnt over the stamped image and waxed the box afterwards.

Hope you are all finding time for, and enjoying, your craft. Many thanks for visiting, wishing you a very merry Christmas and a fabulously crafty, happy and healthy 2016! Xxxxxx

 

4 comments:

Dianne Vanstone said...

Love your pyrography Wendy! I'm coming over for a lesson with your proper burning tool! Box and coaster look fabulous xxxxx

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Wendy, it's so neat to see how you are using pyrography and stamping. Everything looks so detailed already. I'm curious to see what you'll do with your new tool! Beautiful placement of the designs in both pieces. Loving the cute little owl in combo with Flowing Branches. Thank you :) Sending big hugs!!!

Karin said...

Beautiful creations! As Ryn said, the owl and the stencil are a great combination! Groetjes karin x

Lisapmac said...

Loving your inspiring projects with Pyrography, still want to try it, the tool at Hobby Craft is finally back in stock so I just need to get thro to York, weather permitting xx