Saturday 26 December 2015

Burning Tim Holtz!

Merry Christmas bloggers!

My husband bought me a Fire Writer for Christmas, so obviously I had to have a play today. I love the butterfly from Tim Holtz and wanted to see if I could burn it onto a Sycamore coaster. I coloured the burnt image with watered-down acrylic paint. So relaxing!

I'm very excited about using my stamps in a new way, I think my family will be getting lots of wooden presents in future haha!

I hope you are all enjoying a lovely Christmas and I wish you all a happy and healthy 2016. Many thanks for visiting! Xxx

 

7 comments:

Lisapmac said...

Stunning, is "-fire writer" a brand? Loving the results xx

Wendy said...

Hi Lisa! Thank you for your kind comment, yes it is called a Fire Writer and I bought it from woodworkscraftsupplies.co.uk xx

Lisapmac said...

Thanks Wendy, looks a very good piece of kit. Think I'll try the tool you previously recommended from Hobby Craft first to see if I like it. Loving your results tho, really beautiful xx

Zoe said...

Superb, love it xx Zoe xx

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Amazing!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful Wendy the butterfly looks great on wood. Seasons Greetings, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Shirleyxx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful designed I love the result of burning and coloring!
xox Anja